Sunday, October 5, 2014

Checking One Off the List

Well I got right down to business with the first item checked off on my 30 before 30 list! Visiting Minnehaha Falls, CHECK! To think, I have lived in the twin cities for about 9 years and I never been there. It is gorgeous. It is a beautiful piece of nature in the middle of the city. I suggest anyone visiting or living in the twin cities to go and check it out. It is worth the trip. I plan on going again in the spring to see it when everything is green and lush and maybe in the winter too. I have seen some VERY cool photos of the falls when they are frozen.

We didn't stay for long because we got out of the house late and of course that meant that we were rushing it a little before Mile's nap time. Regardless we made it there! I loved this park because it has some hiking trails, a beautiful picnic area filled with oak trees, a playground, and the falls. If I had to do it all again I would have totally brought our baby carrier so we could have hiked a little. The paths run along the creek so its nearly impossible to let Miles run free. But we did let him run in the picnic area since it is just a wide open space with oaks. He absolutely loved this, I think we spent 45 minutes chasing squirrels from tree to tree. Needless to say he took a long nap after that!

Minnehaha Falls

 Family Shots

Miles and I


Chasing Squirrels... Best activity to wear a little one out!

Guess where he went....



Have you ever been to Minnehaha Falls? Maybe in a different season? What was your favorite thing about it? Do you know of any other great places to spend time outdoors in the twin cities!?
Let me know I would love to hear about em!
I am always looking for new adventures for the family and I!




No comments:

Post a Comment